Sunday, March 18, 2012

I Have Done Well!

As they had their pasture, they became satisfied,
And being satisfied, their heart became proud;
Therefore they forgot Me.

Hosea 13:6



...
Their needs were met; they were content; they were not struggling for sustenance for themselves or their livestock.

"Take your rest, my soul, for all is well. I don't need to continue this rigid discipline; I no longer need to rise early and work into the long hours of the night. I have plenty for myself. I have done well. My provisions have proven adequate. I am proud of my accomplishments."

And in this state of false security, plenty, and pride--they forgot God.

But this world where we live has very effective ways of reminding us that God is in control and that He doesn't want us to "forget" Him.

We tend to do that, don't we? When everything in my world is spinning just the way I have planned for it to spin, I don't really "need" God in my life--just some "WD 40" for small emergencies and extra cash for those unexpected things that I can handle all by myself. Then something really goes haywire."

Thank You dear Lord, that you don't say, "Well, they're getting along all right; I'll just leave them alone." No. You are there all the time, watching, listening for the slightest whisper, catching our tears, and You do comfort, You do console. You haven't taken our name off Your list of loved ones. There we are and there we stay. I would so like to be as faithful to You as You are faithful to me. But, I'm pretty hard-headed and slow to change my precious ways. But You know that, don't You? I love You for Your patience with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment